Make sure you know the facts before you step outside.
After much debate in the House of Representatives, a curfew time has been agreed on and it comes into force tonight (Saturday). Between the hours of 9pm and 4.30am, nobody can be outside of their own house without an exemption. There are several reasons for which you can be outside of the house between these times:
- If you have to work outside of the home during this period of time. You will need a statement from your employer to prove that. This, of course, includes food delivery workers.
- Walking your dog. You have to keep the dog on its leash and you cannot meet up with others to walk your dog.
- If you need medical care or need to provide somebody else with medical care. For example, if you informally care for a relative, you will still be able to do this.
- Taking an exam as part of an educational program.
- If you have a compelling and urgent reason to travel abroad. Remember that this is not encouraged by the government at this time.
- A visit to court, if you have to be there.
- If you are homeless and living outdoors.
However, in order to justify your presence out on the street after 9pm, you will have to print and sign this document. If you have any questions regarding the curfew, or if you need more information, please consult this government website.